Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Maladies of working wife

     I am like those millions of working wives who are struggling with household chores.Some of us like to constantly struggle and keep busy and thrive on it.I myself like lot of self time to do things i like.This includes reading, blogging ,just gazing at thin air!But when you are unmarried and staying with parents or even alone, things are obviously easy.You have not much household responsibility.But marriage brings in added work and then we start using phrases like "work life balance" and even random office managers give lectures on how to do it.I think in my mind, that them being male doesn't make them right people to give pearls of wisdom.Thankfully the husband's living alone from years helped as he is quite self sufficient and helps out a bit.
     I think i am able to conquer it to some extent by easily outsourcing some of the work.I have a maid to clean and wash vessels every morning.I am able to cook some breakfast, since both of don't like to carry lunch to office(neither do i have time to cook to be truthful) its fine.Then comes in small things like investing in a washing machine which washes everything! I know some people who wash most of their clothes by their wonderful hands as "washing machine mai kharab ho jaega".Well, we have technology where everything can be washed, maybe in future washing machine can wash human :P.Then why not invest in a machine which has all sort of modes as in it.Come on people time is precious than those clothes to try to wash by hand! And then do a expensive manicure to beautify your hands!It doesn't make sense!There are lot of cheap gadgets which save quite a bit of time.I got this handheld chopper and boy, it saves my tears and time!
    Then i just love e-commerce boom.Now you can buy anything online! and that too with hardly any delivery charges! There is bigbasket where i do my grocery shopping for the month and get cool discounts and actually end up saving money! Then there is Grofers mobile app which you can use to do immediate grocery shopping .You even get cut vegetables cheaper than roadside uncut veggies online!Needless to say it saves quite a bit of time.And i am not struggling with "no time" syndrome yet.Though my workload has increased in office.
    Have you guys seen the rotimatic gadget? Its amazing, i can't wait to get my hands on it! As making chapati is nobodies favorite work and quite time consuming.I just love technology.Also now all type of bills, payments can be made online.It saves lot of time !Also, all the online clothes shopping available now is mind-boggling.Though i am yet to become a fan of it.Life is too short to get caught in chores, use technology, outsource..live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment