Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The OZ experience- Part 2(Unsophisticated)

       Few of my mannerisms might be considered as unsophisticated here maybe, like i asked for drinking water at hotel reception.He was like madam you can drink tap water.I was like "are you serious" .He was like "1000%" .Another incident is like i asked for handwash at the Taj Mahal eat out in the mall, he smirked and told me in fake accent "we don't have handwash here, use tissue and sanitizer".I was wondering how the oil of masala dosa comes out.These things work for
non Indian food.
       I am having a hard time understanding the accent sometimes.Its manageable though since they speak slowly and people are quite friendly.Maybe i am new to non Asian culture.I just realized that this is my first time out of Asia.
   Today in the train i saw few teenagers like 13-14 year old, talking loudly and using the F word so many times.Also people are loud sometimes on the road.A sudden hoot from the back sacres me from my contemplation.I am a bit scared to interact with people here after the stories the media printed.I was standing away from the platform as there a case of Indian being pushed (Its strange that incident came to my mind when i stood there).
   This is my first client side work.So i might sometimes not know how to interact.Not that i don't know how to talk, rather do's and don't's of how to get things done and handle pressure.I will probably learn in a day or two hopefully.
    Dany turned out to super cool, and a fun person.Though unlike Japanese nobody goes out of their way to help in Australia.I see lot of Chinese here. I feel travelling abroad changes your perception and you become a more cosmopolitan and broad minded individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment