Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The OZ experience- Part 1

         It all started one Thursday, my director called me and suddenly smiled and asked "want to see opera house" .I looked at him baffled and said "why not". So i was told that i need to go to client location in Sydney for a month and i better start my visa process asap. I also came to know 2 people who were scheduled to actually go, met with unfortunate circumstances. I was joking that i hope i stay alive to go to Sydney.Within a week i got my visa, which was unexpected as i was expected to go immediately.I did the booking etc by myself as we have this self service portal.Its very good, i had super choices of hotels , but alas i chose the one which needed minimal travel to client place. As i was not planning to drive in Sydney,i took in Mantra Paramatta as the client bus started across the hotel.First 2 weeks i actually kept a journal! I will just copy paste that, i am too lazy to make it past tense now!

 First few days
      Bangalore to Sydney, as usual the seat next to me was empty.I had to sit quitely.The gentleman next to it was probably an American, he started watching movie on his ipad before the flight took off and slept after that.He was least interested in talking.So i got busy with my Kindle and read one novel.The flight landed in Singapore on time and it was very easy to go to terminal 3 by a train.
       Here i was all alone at Singapore airport, i had sometime to kill before my flight to Sydney.All these duty free shops, i didn't venture there, as all this stuff would be cheaper in India anyways.Moreover  i did not want to carry anything now.I saw few Indians, there are a lot of Australian young couple with young children or very old couple.Some were busy admiring their Paris pictures on ipad. Again a 5 year old kid called Jasper was my neighbor on one side in
the flight.He and his father were travelling alone and his father kept him entertained.Again they did not talk much ,i wonder if everyone in Australia will be so uncommunicative to non Aussies.By now i was gasping to talk to someone.
       I took a cab to Hotel and it was Bangladeshi gentleman who was driving it.He looked very Indian.He asked me "where are you from "and lot many questions.I answered them.Then i asked "are you an Indian" ,i don't think i will ask again this one for sometime.He said close enough "your neighbor" .I thought maybe Pakistan, he was from Bangladesh. Saturday i just slept and ordered some pizza through room service.Sunday i woke up and ventured out to the nearby Westfield mall.I did not buy anything as we always buy useless stuff initially, i will wait to check out again and buy later.I ate masala dosa at Taj mahal express as i could find that a very safe option.After that i ventured to many stores to find a adapter, but alas it wasn't there in the mall.Fortunately a small store owner could locate it for me!
       I then came back to my room, got bored and went to an Indian restaurant and took a take away of fried rice to my room.It was huge quantity.Maybe i will store it in fridge and eat later as i detest food wastage.There a microwave here, so probably will heat and eat.Waiting for tomorrow as to check whats happening at customer place.I will be visiting them tomorrow.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment