Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A day in bangalore bus!!

I am using the public transport after a long time(sigh! no riks in sight),office cabs make these redundant.I peered at the bus as it came closer.As i wasn't wearing my specs(need only to read bus no's) I couldn't read the no before it zoomed past me.I blame it on the aunty who was running like PT usha after it.Some school kids were in the race too.They all pushed me and jumped in the bus.I was scared to hang on the doorway.So,i waited for the next bus.The next bus zoomed past me and stopped half a Km away from the bus stop.Now,i knew why india was producing so many athletes.I was teethering on heels,so didnot try to run.I waited and to pass time eavesdropped into a loud aunty conversation."These yaung generation i say haav noo manners i tell you,always ranning and pushing" .Wait i saw a volvo coming ,i gleefully waited for it to stop .Yes!It stopped right in front of me and some people got in.I was hanging onto the handrail's suspenders else would have fallen like the auntyji in front of me.The bus is nice with AC ,i sat at the window seat and gazed out.It was fun to see the world go by(the large windows give the clear view of the world and vice versa).The colour on bangalore were to be seen on this long ride.The two wheelers , children, hawkers, trees..etc..etc.Finally i was at Majestic from where i caught a rikshaw.But the bus ride made me realize what i miss going in the cabs with black windows!(dont open them due to pollution).

1 comment:

  1. hey Rach!! nice description. now I know why am not a good athlete. I need to warm up sometime and then start using our public transport system..!

    ReplyDelete