Monday, February 09, 2009

valentine day fiasco!!

A kid comes home from school,with a garland and a tilak on his forehead.Mummy:son,who put the garland and tilak.Son:mummy,it was a uncle named mutalik.Mummy:why is sheila too wearing a garland and why is she come home with you.Son:we were sitting in the playground eating our lunch and suddenly mutalik uncle came and said,this is not indian culture.Marry them.Then,me and sheila got married,so she is my wife now."Mummy faints".This incident sounds funny to you?But again isn't Mutalik's take on love and valentine funny?
I was walking in the Mall then i met this friend of mine from college days,whom i never liked.We stood and talked about college friends and all.I was then jostled in the crowd.Two men caught me and told me "how dare you".Then a priest started chanting "You miss xyz take mr abc as your lawfully wedded husband".I just smiled at them (thinking this is definitely MTV bakra).Priest looked at me expectantly .I kept on smiling.Someone asked me and Mr.abc "do i own a car".I told "no" and abc told "no".Do i watch star TV's saas bahu saga.We told "no".Then "do you come to the mall often beta?" As expected we replied "YES" .Now the priest benovelently told "Now i pronounce you husband and wife ".I woke up sweating.Mutalik's fatwa has made us all think and rethink,but alas...we can conclude Mr Mutalik go jump in a well!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful job! It is funny! you'll need to loosen up a lil bit more.. but it's a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rach!
    V funny! like ur style of writing! am definitely gng to be visiting ur blog often!

    Medini

    ReplyDelete