Sunday, October 11, 2015

A sabbatical from facebook

      The title itself sounds very funny, as we have heard sabbatical from various things but facebook?? I can see few of you smiling to think, what the world has come to.But, compared how chaotic it was when facebook was new, now everyone is facebook savvy with knowledge on all of its features and some useful ones like turning off feeds from people who annoy and turning off the candy crush invites..eww.
   Well, we start our day with some yoga and newspaper and then facebook updates.Well, most of us do.Some i see can't start there day without some noble message being updated there.Some i see stealthily keep tabs on their exes , some just randomly browse someone else friend's feed as they appear when your friend likes them.Personally they kill time.I rarely browse random profiles, but i had liked too many pages on news, fashion, travel, groups, so every minute there was a new update.So, i had the constant urge to check facebook every few minutes.Also any news also appears there as i have liked almost all news channels/newspapers.And since we have 3g/4g browsing facebook on mobile is no more painful.
   I just opened today facebook ,i had turned on my internet to check some office emails.I had to check on weekends as what urgent email is sitting there you never know.Also keeps your mondays clutter free.As usual facebook is the 2nd thing i opened, and the husband commented on how much i am addicted to it.Well, i was looking at some random couples anniversary photos(a friends brother, she was tagged in it for some reason).I saw the nice table decoration with hearts and candles and blah blah..Obviously i was thinking that so much effort the guy must have gone to, obviously he wanted the world to see it.As usual the pretentious world, but in the back of my mind another thought came in , i remembered the non celebration on my birthday :((i had one,but nothing with flowery hearts :P), and neither me or my husband upload such personal moments online. I just was jolted on how much toxic this thought process was, i just needed to get away from facebook for a while.We all need  to do this.I am suddenly looking for reading a book, catching up on the series i had unfinished.I even had time to cook a time consuming recipe!Let me see how long this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment