Friday, March 14, 2014

Upstanding citizen

         uh..People who by mistake read this blog at all will wonder , what a preachy person! A small incident made me think "what am i doing for this country" .Lol, apart for living in it.I read some article on perils of water in Rajasthan and plight of women who carry water from so far away.So one fine day this week i reach office and see the pantry tap running ...I see it , i ignore it.Go to my seat, then recall the article and then go to the pantry , try with all my might to close it.But it didn't close.Now i call facilities and inform them, the lady at the other end sounds like she is having fun with this kinda behavior. But at the end of the day i did save some water.
        I am sitting at the front of the seat , usually in volvo its for senior citizens.A old gentleman gets in.I try to get up and he makes a face and gestures to continue sitting.Maybe i misjudged his age :P. Sometimes good deeds do backfire ;)
        I finally see people becoming aware about politics and taking some interest to vote.The apathy like atmosphere is changed to a passion for change. We all should be voting this year.I just hope that there is some change.People stop looking at India as low cost center and start looking at it as a center for ideas!
       A very very old song david Bowie's changes come to my mind.Its not musical but cool lyrics.
And latest is Taylor swift's change.


               




No comments:

Post a Comment