Friday, March 14, 2014

Observing life

      We are all caught up in life and its doldrums ,we constantly look at our watches as life nowadays is very busy. We want to move from one point to another within minimum time and have no patience to observe.I myself was caught in it few years back.The office cab picked me , i reached and worked and then came home and worked again. Maybe we all go through that phase initially in our careers, where we have the drive to prove something and the thrill of being independent.Those days the interesting work also drove me to push myself further and further.As a consequence , there were less meeting with friends, less hobbies , life passed on...
    Fast forward few years, i still work hard and have fun equally hard.No it might not mean the kinda fun some people might call fun.But now i observe. Smell the roses, basically live for today.Losing my cousin jolted me out of my inertia, and a colleague passed away in office as well.These things make you reflect on life.I am more connected to my friends, more socially active at home.Have some hobbies, read books! And also now i travel by the volvo bus to office.As a consequence i have lot of time to observe from bus :P
   You see all sorts of people everyday.Some crazy, funny, ....Maybe the observing time i get in the bus means i might someday start writing the book i want to write ?Maybe, but observing is not about staring and passing comments.Its about reflecting on situations , people...I see lot of independent blind people crossing the road.It's quite saddening that we don't donate our eyes post death.I will be pledging mine.This, somehow is getting closer to my heart now.
    Then there is lack of humor in our lives, we take everything so seriously that only comedy shows bring some smile to our face. Humor is one thing that makes like go on smoothly.Observing seem to develop the sense of humor to the level of madness and absurdness, but hasn't someone said ," The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment