Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Oz experience- The end

       I did see few more places, but there is not much historic places there.But i loved Sydney was its clean , very hep and fun. Work was also hectic as there were unexpected issues occurring everyday. But final week it was fixed thankfully.I came across some preconceived notions about India.
      During my induction at the client place, the Oz lady was talking about "what to do if you see a snake"( yes !snake!it was remote office!) .Fire exit etc..There were 2 other ladies with me , a Chinese who had snake phobia who kept stuttering snake snake. Other was an asian who was probably born there as she had accent. I was just smiling and nodding when snake part came.But the asian lady said "you must be used to snakes as you are from India". I was stunned , "not in office" was my reply :D
      Also on my last day i was thanking the ladies in cafeteria, who made my vegetarian wrap and coffee everyday.One lady finally asked where are you from . I replied i am from India.She started gushing about how nice Indians are , how family oriented etc..She told me she learnt "aloo gobi" from her Indian neighbor .Also same neighbor asked her if she needed any help when she was unwell.I felt good after this, anyways i was feeling happy as it was last day!
     Then again i spoke to the bus driver as i was early( it was a different driver, the regular guy was very uncommunicative , i had not seen him utter a word in all the time i was there).This guy was probably very old , in his 70's maybe.I told him it was my last day and i will be going back to India.I told him did not like the 5PM closure in Australia! As back home everything opens till 11PM. He was like when i was young and in Brisbane things used to close by 4PM. Then i agreed that it was good thing as people got more family time.
     Another incident was near Opera house.I had gone there for the third time as it was a place worth going again and again.I was just walking from train station to Opera house .I heard a "how are you doing " from a middleaged handsome Aussie guy.Since i was anyways leaving next day , i responded with a chirpy very good.Then he attached himself to me and we got talking about culture, Bollywood etc..The delhi rape incident also came in discussion , i avoided talking on it as it was something i did not know what to talk to a foreigner. I walked around the botanical garden next to Opera house.I said bye to this nice gentleman called Ian and went back to the hotel for my packing.
      I also visited Toraga Zoo to see some Aussie animals like Kangaroo..also i had seen other  places around Sydney already. I couldn't go to other cities, but Sydney was fun!I boarded my flight to Singapore, again had a 2 year old noisy kid next to me .She was travelling with her grandpa to Cochin.I was trying to help them , but lost my patience later with the kid and watched few movies.          
          Singapore to Bangalore flight was uneventful, it was delayed as a connecting flight from Jakarta was delayed. They falsely told "technical fault" and delayed by 2 hours. Finally reached Bangalore, and it was very humid and raining! There ended a lovely experience, i don't if i will ever go again there or not, but atleast i have added one more country in my travel list! And i traveled by myself everywhere all alone!So no more hangup's about exploring alone! I made a small collage about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment