Thursday, April 02, 2009

Deja vu.

I think this has happened before!"This is happening again". We get this feeling many times in our lives. Deja vu is the feeling of "already seen". We go to places and feel a sense of familiarity even though we visit it for the first time. How does this happen?I have felt similar sense of deja vu in life.It gives the a strange sense of erriness to the entire experience.My granny used to tell me about a 3 year old girl who could recite the entire ramayana and mahabharata.They attributed it to her reincarnation.Being mordern and scientific we scoff at the notion.But how else can we rationalize the theory of 3 year old reciting such complex phrases?Interestingly the series "Ripleys believe it or not" makes one wonder about curious existance of human race and its capabilities.Thinking how human has evolved from a caveman to supercomputer era is mind boggling.Getting back to deja vu situations,I remember a friend exclaiming i have seen this before when we were on an historical site.We attributed it her knowing about the place,but strangely it was as if she was coming home.I guess somethings cannot be explained.

3 comments:

  1. Deja Vu, it's a feeling all of us encounter at one point or the other. It's happened to me several times and I'd feel, I've had this situation before, I've seen this art work before, this seems like it has happened to me before... Gosh!! kinda weird feelin, you know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. deja vu... such an interesting and enigmatic subject to write abt... even i would luv to write on it sometime... u realy did a fair justice with the subject supported by incidents u came across and you have a pretty decent word bank i must say.... The termination could be a bit more dramatic..

    Does your friend really felt so???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deja Vu is an experience which force us to question the Reality.
    It raises the debate on the conscious and subconscious (I prefer to call it superconscious ) state of mind...
    On Deja Vu occassions, I personally get a feeling as if I am living in a pre-scripted program... I know its wiered feeling..but isn't it worth giving a thought?

    ReplyDelete