Sunday, December 16, 2018

Tripping to reality

     Its been a hectic week,  i had a complicated training and usual office work past week. On top of that , the traffic is a killer of time in Bangalore.I took my son to park today, to give myself a break and burn off some extra calories.We walked , played and enjoyed the breeze. Then when i was exiting i heard some music, it was 3 people singing something on loudspeaker. There was a difference that these people were blind. In my hurry to walk and looking at them i tripped on a wire. I basically turned off their power to speaker. So, they were singing but there was no music. I just ran and connected their speaker again.
   Just made me realize that with my working eyes i tripped, how do they manage in life. I see everyday blind people going about daily business. I see one near KR puram railway station.He walks with such confidence, that without his stick you wouldn't know that he cannot see.I know a regular one who takes a bus from Ramiaah bus stop. I have spotted them from years now. But, what do i mean you must be wondering. I only wonder that with so many people dying in accident , suicide ,you would think that they will get eye donations.But, looks like the pledges are just pledges. I have told my spouse strictly that , once i am gone , i need some working parts be donated. I have pledged my organs, but the key is that my near and dear ones recall this, when the time comes.
  Why did i end the sabbatical of blogging with this? Well, i also had a donation ad appear on my facebook feed. It just made me sad that, we all pledge, but do we have anyone who will follow through when the time comes? I just hope so .I would love to live on in someone :).

No comments:

Post a Comment