Sunday, October 29, 2017

5 months!

            Life has been hectic to say the least. I was oversimplifying parenting. I assumed my 6 month maternity break will be filled with baby sleeping peacefully and smiling when coaxed.I had a to do list of hobbies and career enhancing certifications (LOL).But, a baby is a baby (i was a ignorant oaf, owing to have nothing to do with babies ), who has a distinct personality from day 1. Day 6 , i still recall with fondness now.It was a classic case of me going by the book, the discharge summary was like "if baby is sleeping and is not pottying from hours, reach out to emergency" .The bub hadn't pottied that day and looked very lethargic and off we ran to the hospital. The nurses had the last laugh, as he had pottied on the way to hospital( i did smell something , but assumed its the usual Delhi stench ). And day 13 again bub was screaming like banshee whole night, next day too . Finally , i couldn't take anymore and off we ran to hospital again. It turned out to be gas in tummy, which again was something we had no clue on. I did google and google, which just showed colic or "run to doctor. By week 3, we were pro in not panicking.
          After that somehow i settled in a routine. But my leg in cast was a big hamper in day to day life. I was just a couch potato and had to rely on others to lift and shift the baby. But the fourth week of bub, i finally got a all clear to get the cast removed and all sort of "do not try and run" instructions!Though i smiled and joked through out it(save for few bouts of crying) , it was a real tough time which just shifted my thinking to "value what i have" "health is wealth" .Overall a jolt which steers you in right direction. I needed that as i was working until one day before the C -section.
           Today the bub is 5 months already and i am like , where the time has gone! I did find time to cram one certification in these 5 months  . I disclose to someone and they assume i have cheatsheets to pass them. I really did read and pass it(barely)! I am trying to cram another one, all this as the whole technology has shifted to cloud in last 6 months and i might have to try and run a different type of team/projects when i join back. I need to know things before i expect to lead. Since, i dont sleep more than 7 hours per day, i cram in reading in between or late nights. I really value knowledge, its something believe is the only earning in life.I also crammed in new books which were on my list , that was easy , feeding bub and reading (multitask :P). I also constantly keep in touch with friends , easy to become singleminded with a baby, but friends matter !
        I have accepted that i no longer can have a to do list and expect it to become "all done" list easily.But, life is more interesting as its unpredictable small moments now.

No comments:

Post a Comment