Monday, December 15, 2014

The end of a year~~

       I tend to get reflective as the year end nears, sometimes its about missed to do lists, my personality flaws(fortunately i don't have tunnel vision about myself).I always start next year with new hope and  try and change my self found flaws.We all have our own quirky style of mannerisms.I hope this makes me a better person for the next year.Well, what did i change this year..umm..let me try to list them down.
     I was too judgmental in the past and slotted people in boxes, past few years has made me more tolerant .It could be the confidence age and independence bring on.I now feel there isn't a problem which cannot be fixed with logic and reasoning.Well, now world terrorism and ISIS is illogical, please don't try and bring logic there ;).I also thought this quality might make me not fit into a people manager role.Fortunately, my change of listening well and reasoning is working well so far and people management is my cup of tea now.Few years ago it was out of question.
      Never give free advice, if it doesn't work out you will be the one blamed.I have stopped giving random advises about college, job, opinions to random people.Indian tendency to blaming others when people fail has hurt me in the past.Somehow, advice given should be given in a way "take it or leave it" .Another one is to never get into "log kya kahenge" ,just go with the flow , as long as its not illegal.As "kuch to log kahenge, logo ka kaam hai kehna".And my gad, kya kya log kehte hain.
      A dreamer is good, but inverted optimism is not good .I've lived my life by the phrase "Reach for the stars. Even if you don't touch them, you're still on top of the world."Never get disheartened if you don't get anywhere near these stars, atleast you have tried.Just don't give up on your dreams.Gad, i am turning so maudlin , its 12 am and i can't sleep.I am trying to be this chirpy optimistic person, but my tendency of zero expectation and slight pessimism is still my flaw of the year !!Somehow i am unable to reason that optimism is a good thing. Isn't  knowing the answer to what if i fail better than feeling like airless balloon of optimism when you fail ??
     The year was a fruitful one, both personally and professionally.I added in new responsibilities at work, and new relationships in life.I have now really become a person who forgets and forgive from forgive and don't forget.Life's too short to waste on grudges.My connection with god is restored to some extent.I was never overtly pious, but after certain things, my faith had shifted away.Now,comes the fun part !2015 here i come!!
    Definitely 2015 is going to be hectic! Travel is the key word of the year! Lets see how it goes :D.Ending the 2014 recount with my ramblings ......aha..year end Pondicherry trip is on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment