Thursday, October 06, 2011

Japan!

I flew to Tokyo via Hong kong. It been a enlightening experience so far. Hong Kong airport was Hugeee.and there were people of all nationalities seen there as it was transit for many airlines. I was initially pretty apprehensive as it was first international flight for me and Typhoon warning in Japan didnot help.
Tokyo ,well suffice  to say people are so well dressed here!In comparison i feel dowdy! And trust me the same clothes in India will be in the cool quotient. Lets see if i can buy some clothes here. Hotel has staff who speaks english very sparingly. But they get by. Food is a problem for me as i am a vegetarian , i ordered a veg sandwich which was very expensive ,but it smelled very bad so just ate the bread part of it :( .I will explore some eateries tomorrow as there is nothing to offer for veggies in the hotel. I have booked a full day Tokyo tour for day 2.
 Day 3 was in office and people so damn nice.They help out in every situation.But are very formal.Week 1 was for going to Shibuya and some other places.Its a hip place like MG road.Found some Indian restaurants and i was  happy to finally eat some cooked food.One thing about Japan is bad and that the expense.Its very very expensive.I met some people during the Tokyo day tour.There was this american who was like "Tokyo is so expensive!!" I was like "TRUE".Then there were some retired couples on world tour,who were looking at me curiously.I can read expressions ,so smiled at them.I was like i am here for office work ,but taken leave for some sightseeing.They thought i was on world tour all alone!As if!Australian couple wanted to know my nationality ,i was like Indian ,from where ,Bangalore and the conversation continued.It was an interesting troop.
Then one day before leaving i went  to this tour where highlight was eating grapes from wineyard!LOL!I know so lame,but it being long weekend that was the only thing i could book.There were lot chinese and Taiwanese ,so there wasn't much conversation during the tour.Went to a waterfall and clicked some pics.I regret not going to Mount Fuji,i should have skipped Disney land.The day when i had to leave Japan i got up early and checked out early .I reached airport early and was browsing around the shops.Hongkong airport this time was filled with Indians,people returning back from all over world to India.I was excited as it was my first venture abroad ,all alone and with no Japanese knowledge.This trip is now slotted under fond memories . :D...

No comments:

Post a Comment