Friday, August 28, 2009

Some funny moments...

Sometimes in life there are these moments when we involuntraily smile..here are some which i can recall.
1)I was in stuck in traffic on a really bad road,was recalling my bad day from heavy work to skipped lunch.Some moron behind me was horning continiously.I acted totally out of character and made gestures of flying to the guy.Then i see an old lady in the neighbouring car clapped !and we nodded in agreement that "maniac" :)
2)I work in a global project ,get exposure to all types of cultures.We basically interact via chat.Here are some funny excepts,
* In Japan,
I got a mail with Mr. addressed to me.Same goes with me ,i am scared to guess if the mail is for a guy or a gal.So,play safe with simple "hi"
*US
Here again we get people with scrict formal to total casual.If an indian from US expect formal and distant mails and pings.
me:Hi
xyz from us: hello thr
me:hru?
xyz:fine..how abt u?
me:good..txs
[we follow hello,hru routine religiously]
me:reg abc project,i am stuck.Need some feedback
xyz:bummer,i am no closer to the solution.
*UK
me:hi
xyz from uk:morning
me:afternoon here
xyz:thats good.and its midnight in california
xyz:I have not forgotten your email,it on top of my list.I am really honest .look see :)
me: :) txs
xyz:gotta dash,have some meeting
*Mexico:
xyz from mexico:hello
me:hi
xyz:reg the isue you are working on.
me:yes plz?
xyz...........
suddenly..
xyz:Do you have any online indian music FM channel?
me :baffeled!##$
*Egypt:
me:hi
xyz from egypt:Hi dear
me:how is work?
xyz:it is good dear
:)
=========
Thereby i enjoy and learn something new about cultural differences via interactions through chats ...we all have small funny moments in life,which might be funny to us but not to others.

3 comments:

  1. well, being in UK and daily interacting with these guys I must say its very much true and I can see guys spending a good time of their work in browsing internet and escaping from any answers just by simple sentence "drop me a mail" or "was quite busy in blah blah work"

    -Lovik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good...!So.. Finally you made a post in ur blog !!
    Chat part was really awsome!
    Here is some more.. .while starting official conversation to a person on chat , this is the common part <e.g. lets say I ping to 'rach'>

    me:hi
    rach:hi
    me:GM
    rach: VGM
    me:hru?
    rach:I m fine, Tx. What abt u?
    me:I m fine too , tx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mani ..ur so right..i know we ping monotonously same things each day..i try n be more innovative now on!In one my conversation to my UK counterpart..i asked as usual "how ru"..he replied his mother says never to ask how ru unless u mean it! Then on i never had the courage to ask that again

    ReplyDelete