Friday, November 14, 2008

dilemma--->do we have the right to be happy?

I was on vacation away from all tensions and very excited(day 1 of vacation).Most people i meet seem to somehow make me feel that somehow i have made some wrong choices in life(duh!as if i care).I thought of checking my mail(office) at my relatives place.I just saw some appreciation mail for my work earlier(nothing big,but encouraging).I am never one to discuss my achievements at all.So,i didnot bat an eyelid after reading it,but kinda felt glad that good work matters ...(lately there's no diff between people who work and who dont).Anyways i closed my mail and sat with these two middle aged ladies to see what they are discussing..And guess wht seems like they were discussing pros and cons on working women.Both seem to hold the opinion that working women are liability to society.(with me sitting right there).First i thought they are trying to insult me,but they seem to genuinely warming up the topic.This burst my bubble of joy.I started pondering if they are right ...i am very liberal ,but suddenly i started doubting my choices in life.Also,there was a girl doing her PG after MBBs and quit practicing for a homely existance.I was shocked(sidlining an engineering degree is easier than a MBBS !!!).But anyways i got over my confusion and bounced back with enthusiasm.

1 comment:

  1. a thought provoking topic ... especially in the Indian context ...

    ReplyDelete