Thursday, August 17, 2017

A baby on one leg

        You must be wondering on the strange title of this post. Well, i did break my ankle on 8th month of my pregnancy and had a pretty rough time of it. I think i will put down things which kept me sane and i sailed through it. It was an abrupt start of maternity break or rather , unplanned. However i did work with my plaster and pregnancy to close any loose ends(it was for my own mental peace).Once the doctor suggested for C-section considering my leg, it started the typical discussion on when and when ? Finally we went ahead with 29 May. The comical part was i was pretty excited and not really scared , i was trying to look somber ;) . Things went fine  and i met my baby boy Tashvik .
    I was pretty surprised that people go through labor pain and all. As the C section turned out to be 15 mins work. I was conscious and could hear the baby. Since it was quite foggy headed , i still wanted to jump up and see him.But , alas i couldn't move a muscle.
  I had discovered Quora during my ankle fracture as i had to be on bed rest mostly or walk with the walker.I read through some books, when i wasn't working. Quora is pretty quirky place where we read all sorts of discussions.I also focused on what i will achieve during my break.I still have most of those things on my to do list. I plan to soon get that moving. Overall , where there is will there is a way. I will never take mobility for granted now. Basically , i reflected on life in that period. You find real friends and family from false in time of  crisis. Despite the tough time, i feel i felt empowered in  a way .And now the motherhood experience deserves a separate space.

No comments:

Post a Comment